Lewis Sperry Chafer Legacy Program
Dallas Theological Seminary (DTS) honors every planned gift made by a donor with recognition as a special partner within the Lewis Sperry Chafer Legacy Program. We invite you to join together with us as we equip godly servant leaders for the proclamation of His Word and the building up of the body of Christ worldwide, by creating a planned gift to DTS.
If you have already arranged for a bequest or other planned gift, we would delight in being able to recognize and thank you for your partnership and support. Our Bequest Intention Form (BIF) is non-binding and completely revocable at any time. It is merely our way of capturing your intent as it relates to future gifts to Dallas Theological Seminary. If you will complete the form with an approximate gift amount, it will allow us to steward well the personal information you have provided.
If you are considering a planned gift, please see Ways to Give or call one of our Planned Giving Officers at the Foundation and they would be honored to assist you in your giving journey.
- What are the ways in which a donor can designate their gift to DTS through their estate plan?
A donor can bequeath a sum certain or a % of their estate for either general (preferred) or specific purposes.
- What "bequest language" should I use?
Sample Bequest Language
- Who can assist us with questions we may have with bequest and/or planned giving questions (estate planning)?
B. Scott Talbot Kevin D. Kurtz Executive Director Planned Giving Officer Dallas Seminary Foundation Dallas Seminary Foundation 214-887-5191 214-887-5192 email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
- How can I notify DTS about an estate gift? What is the address and federal tax identification number to use on beneficiary designation forms or other documents?
Dallas Theological Seminary Dallas Seminary Foundation 3909 Swiss Avenue 3909 Swiss Avenue Dallas, TX 75204 Dallas, TX 75204 214-887-5000 214-887-5190 email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org Federal Tax Identification number: 75-0827421 Federal Tax Identification number: 75-2188543
- Are Dallas Theological Seminary and Dallas Seminary Foundation separate legal entities and how do they differ in function?
Yes, the Seminary and the Foundation are separate legal entities. The Advancement department at the Seminary assists donors in making cash gifts. The Foundation works with donors for planned gifts (which include non-cash gifts such as stock, real estate, etc.) and to plan future gifts such as bequests, charitable gift annuities, trusts, as well as other estate planning.